Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Mutsy Urban Rider

I just got this in. It comes to you in 3 boxes... the chassis, the seat and the bassinet. As I lift the boxes, I think - dang... this thing is HEAVY!

I open them up - the bassinet first. The fabric is beautiful. I have the charcoal black colored one - and it comes with a cream colored inside to the bassinet which is a nice contrast. It also comes with the Bassinet sheet- which is great and makes it super easy to clean. The bassinet has it's own hood and boot.

Upon putting together the stroller, I realized that Mutsy somehow forgot the extra set of swivel wheels. I contacted customer service and they got back to me in roughly 1 hour with a response that they would ship them out the next day. Great customer service.

The adjustable height handle is great. It's definitely a good stroller for a tall dad. The basket is very shallow - but I've heard they've corrected that partially for next year.

The hood has good coverage on the seat - and you can adjust the depth of the seat which is a nice function. The foot rest moves up or goes down and there is a metal plate for an older child's feet to rest on.

The seat can face you or away from you. You can fold the stroller with the seat facing either direction supposedly - but I had trouble with this - so i just took the seat off. I guess I need to just play with it a bit more.

Now - a first push and I LOVED the back swivel of the rear tires. This basically gives you a traditional pram feel without the lean down and pick up of the front tires to turn the pram. Now - the turn is not sharp - and the BIG pain is when you have to back up... it's like driving a boat trailer... you turn one direction, and the wheels go the other... so it's a little tough to use all 4 big air tires in a mall setting (which we did... and I regretted).

BUT - Mutsy fixes that - by including (most of the time!) these second set of 360 degree pivot wheels. This makes the Mutsy more "bug" like... you lock the back swivel and take off the big wheels and put on the smaller wheels. I imagine, once i get these small wheels, they will probably stay on the stroller. Walks around the block are awesome with the big wheels - but anywhere that you'd go from the car, you need those small wheels. I'll edit this posting when they come in to give feedback on the stroller with the new wheels.

As for accessories - the mutsy has them ALL! I did use a Lascal foot board - it was just too long. I think the Mutsy toddler board is the way to go with this one. Also it has this cool seat attachment you can get called a 'fun' seat. It really does look FUN! It creates almost a bike seat - like they would have on a tricycle. And it has a HUGE beach like bag off the back of it. Basically it creates a really fun seat for a toddler.

Another good accessory to get is the tray - it has a snap on tray similar to a high chair that you can put on the toddler seat - this would come in very handy for trips to the mall food court!

And they have the Mutsy Sitter - which is great! While your baby is an infant, you can use the bassinet on the stroller and use the mutsy seat inside the house!

At $699 - it is a hefty tag - but really - if you have your kids 3-4 years apart, you could almost use this and not use another stroller - if you buy the toddler board. It really has longevity. And the quality is top notch.

I like this one! ;)

No comments: