Thursday, September 27, 2007

Dreamer Design Park Avenue Single Stroller

I just got this in and at first look, I really like it. It's not refined like say a Mountain Buggy or a Baby jogger - but it definitly an awesome stroller for the price. First - it's adorable. I have the camo one - which is great. You always see cutesy girl prints, but never any boy prints - and I think this one will be a big hit in the boy department! The red & blue also have great prints.

To summarize - this stroller - which retails at $299 - comes with a chassis w/ a swivel or pivot wheel, an adjustable handle bar, a stroller seat that can reverse, it lays flat enough for a newborn, has a newborn insert, and a graco carseat adapter! That's a lot of bang for your buck!

Here are the photos: (my model - who was sick today with some weird viral bumps - was NOT too happy to be sitting in it... but I swear... it looks very comfy!)









Plenty of room for a child on a board even with it in full recline facing backwards!


Plenty of storage room


Carseat adapter! Included!


the fold is not small... but it would be smaller if I took the seat off, and turned the handle in more - but at least you don't have to take the seat off to fold it.


Now - knowing Dreamer Design - who also distributes the Fisher Price Infant to Toddler "bugabooish" stroller ($150 retail)- i'm sure they borrowed parts for this. The seat looks extremely similar - however I do think they increased the seat back height. I had the Fisher Price one back in January - when the little guy was like 8 months old - and he already looked too big for the FP one. He does have headroom growth - about 2-3" above his head. And the canopy is descent coverage. The seat is 21" tall and 8" deap. It's not huge - but my 26lb 1.5 year old fits nicely with room to grow.

No comments: